Last Saturday, I went over to my parents. I hung out for a while and then my parents had to leave to go to a wedding. My sister Shelli was still there hanging out and she was just sitting on the couch watching tv when Alex came over to her with a Baby Ruth bar. In her words: He drops the huge bar of Baby Ruth onto my lap, and he says, "Open it." I quirk my eyebrow at him, and he goes, "I can have that when I want to..." "Oh really? Who said that?" "What?" "Who said that?" "What?" He's stalling... So I said, "Who said you could have this when you want to?" ".....grandma." "Grandma did not say that." He stares at me, I stare at him. And he does the sign for Please, and says with a big smile on his face, "Pleeeeeeeeeease!" I almost opened the bar right then, He was working so hard to trick me! Then he says, "Grandma can have that when she wants to." As if he was giving her permission to eat it whenever, then walks off.
I had to laugh when she told me that cuz that is so him. He has this look on his face that make you do anything he wants you to do! And, much to my dismay, he was influenced, unintentionally, to pretend he's deaf like us to avoid things that won't go his way by saying "what?" "what?" or "what did you say?"
Another thing happened which was last night. We were getting ready to watch a movie we wanted to watch and we offered Alex to choose whatever movie he wanted. Josh: "What movie do you want to watch?" "Memo." "Memo? You mean Nemo?" "No Memo." "You mean Nemo the fish?" "No Memo the clownfish."
3 comments:
What a stinker! I love kids!
He is a smart kid, and oh so cute at the same time! What a combination!! :)
He such a cute kid!! Looks like you guys are going to have your hands full with that what!! Smarty pants!!
Post a Comment