Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Ickie Sickies...

So sorry for the delay of blogging. We had a crazy week last week cuz Josh and Maddie both had the stomach flu and my, what a nasty bug!!! It all started on Friday, January 16th. Maddie woke up at 6 am and when I went into her room, she had barf all over her bed. I picked her up and she was heaving and threw up on me. The poor little thing! She wasn't feeling good at all and I had her in my bed to watch her. She was so tired and everytime she dozed off, she would heave some more. She finally stopped throwing up for about a couple hours. I emailed Josh at his work and told him all about it and he said he too was not feeling well and had the same thing Maddie had. He came home at about 3 pm and he looked so sick too. He was pale, sweaty and shaky. I felt so helpless Friday cuz I couldn't go anywhere to get Maddie some Pedialyte. I wasn't even dressed or showered. I couldn't give the attention to Alex that he needed cuz I was so focused on Maddie. I felt so bad for him as a mother! My sweet sister in law Brynna was so kind enough to get me some Pedialyte and to take Alex for the day so that I can focus on taking care of Maddie and Josh. Anything Maddie ate, except breast milk, would make her barf. She was so hungry but I couldn't give her any solids or formula. I was nursing a lot for her so that she wasn't so hungry but it wasn't enough since she's used to eating solids after nursing. Josh felt better by the time Sunday rolled around. Maddie wasn't feeling well for a whole week. She also suffered from bouts of diarrhea and laundry was never-ending! Just last Saturday was Maddie's first time eating solids since getting sick the week before and she was SO happy to be back to her normal eating schedule. She isn't as clingy or fussy like she has been and it is so nice to have her back to her sweet, happy self. Luckily, and knock on wood, Alex and I haven't caught the bug. In my opinion, I'd rather Maddie get the bug than Alex cuz with him, it would've been nastier if you know what I mean. But really, I don't like it when any of my kids are sick! The bug has been going around lately so to all of you, beware!!!

4 comments:

Hollie said...

Ugh! I am so sorry!! That I think is the worst that you can get as far as bugs go!! I hate that! Caleb woke up with it the other day and Jacob kind of just had a tummy ache.. not as bad as that though! Not fun!! lucky the rest of us have been fine... I totally know what you mean by not being there for Alex. That is so hard trying to balance your time out!! I am glad everyone is feeling better. Poor you! i bet you could use a break!

Ann said...

That does sound pretty nasty! I'm glad the worst is over! It's sounds like a nightmarish time for all concerned.

Kara & Jacob Maughan said...

YUCK! That is so crappy! I have a secret for you. My sister-in-law goes to a foot zoner and she told her that if anyone in the family has stomach flu or if you have been around anyone who has the stomach flu to take a probiotic called Acidophilus. You can get the chewable kind at GNC and they taste really good. I give one of them to my kids once a day and Jacob and I take two before each meal (Riley and Alex could probably take two a day but I have kept to one for now). They can get a little pricey but it is well worth it! I HATE the stomach flu, it's the worst!

Ilez said...

That really stinks. Its so hard to see your kids sick. I'm glad Josh and Maddie are better though!