Wednesday, September 10, 2008

We are God's children....

Tonight, I was feeding Maddie and was trying to put her to sleep. She was being really restless and being the wiggle worm that she is. Then, at a click of a button, she stopped what she was doing and she looked upward to look at me and then she relaxed. She was looking into my eyes so deeply and she was talking to me in the most sweetest voice. And I have to say I just love it when she does that. Even if she does it at 4:3o in the morning when I am all tired and groggy, I really enjoy this touching, bonding and loving moment the 2 of us share. I remember I had that moment happen to me between Alex and I when he was just 2 months old. We were at a friend's house and he was being fussy. I went into another room to rock him and to calm him down. And in so doing that, he too stopped and looked at me the way Maddie does. I softly told him how much I loved him and he had the most biggest grin for me and he settled and went to sleep. How amazing babies and children know this thing called love! They come to this Earth straight from Heaven and the only thing they know of is love. They know nothing of evil, or hate or anything dark. They emanate so much love and light about them. I got to thinking while rocking Maddie to sleep after that special moment, that we are truly God's children. They left Heavenly Father and Jesus, the most loving place they know, to come here on this Earth to receive a body. And our job, as parents, is to teach them and keep that strong love they had before they left to come here to us. Heavenly Father and Jesus loves us as much as we love our own children. Would you do the same thing for your children that Jesus did for all of us? Again, we are His children. He has done so many things for us, and wants us to return and go back to him. He wants the best for us. He wants us to know that there is a Home for us to return to. And that we don't have to live in this evil and ugly world that we live in today. I felt His love when I was in labor and delivered my children. I would really give birth every day if I could. It is one of the closest things to Heaven and to my Heavenly Parents. I am SO grateful that I was given this amazing calling as a mother. I wouldn't trade it for anything. My children are the best thing in my life after Josh. And I hope and pray that they will learn after Josh and I, and learn from our good examples. I hope and pray that they'll never forget where they come from. I also thought about this poem I was given, after I had Alex. And after I read it, it brought tears to my eyes as I know that it is true...

"My day-old child lay in my arms-
With my lips against his ear
I whispered softly, 'How I wish-
I wish that you could hear;
I've a hundred wonderful things to say
(A tiny cough and a nod)-
Hurry, hurry, hurry and grow
So I can tell you about God.'

My day-old baby's mouth was still
And my words only tickled his ear-
But a kind of a light passed through his eyes
And I saw this thought appear:
'How I wish I had a voice and words
I've a hundred things to say-
Before I forget I'd tell you of God-
I left Him yesterday.' "

How true is that!! As I typed that down, tears still roll down my cheeks to this day. I know it is true. I know we came from God. I know we came here for a purpose. And as mothers and fathers, it is our duty to rear the newest Spirits sent here on this Earth and bring them up into righteousness. My children are so very dear to me. And I love them so so much and with all my heart and soul. And I love Josh, for what a wonderful father and husband he is to us. And I am so grateful that I am the mother of his children. I am grateful that I was given this calling to be a mother and a wife. I am truly blessed and I am grateful for everything that has been given to me! And I want to end this by saying, In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen...

1 comment:

Hollie said...

Stacie!!! That was so AWSOME! I could really feel the spirit as I read it and I too had tears rolling down my cheeks at that saying! How true that is!! I was lucki enough to have those moments with mine too, and I will treasure that FOREVER!!! I too would love to give birth everyday, just for the spirit and amazing experience you have. I can remember each time leaving the hospital in tears cause I didn't want that experience to end! That was really neat! Thank you for sharing this!