Monday, September 15, 2008

"Mommy Wow! I'm a big kid now!"


(Doesn't Alex look like he's struggling to cheer or what? Haha)

Yay for Alex! He's been going and using the potty since last Monday! How awesome is that?! The first day, I just decided I'll try again after a month or 2 of giving him a break from training. So I put on his Spongebob underwear for the day and had him sit on the potty every 20minutes. He did pretty good. He had a couple of accidents but not bad ones. The next day, he did better with just one accident. Since then, he's been accident free!! He even goes by himself without me reminding him. I lose him somewhere around the house and I end up finding him coming out of the bathroom with his pants down and yelling, "Mommy I did it!" At first, I have been giving him 1 treat for #1 and then 2 treats for #2. And when I was going to give him some more treats for going again, he'd end up saying, "No, I already had some!" That's a shocker since he's got such a sweet tooth. So now I hardly give him treats cuz he's been saying that. He's been wearing Pullups when he goes to bed and this morning, he woke up all dry and I told him to potty as soon as he woke up. He did, and he went. I am hoping that it's a sign that he'll be dry at night soon! How wonderful it is to have Alex potty trained! And Josh thinks this is a perfect birthday present from Alex for his daddy! (Hint: his birthday is next Monday) Yay Alex!!

5 comments:

Ann said...

Hip, hip, hooray for Alex! :) That's great that he's doing so well with potty training!

Ilez said...

That's so cute that he gets excited about it and that's awesome that he's doing so well with potty training! I'm still working on getting my boys potty trained and its definitely tough sometimes.

Kara & Jacob Maughan said...

Oh what a struggle potty training can be! Isn't it great when they finally start doing it on there own? I love it! Congrats Alex :)

Dustin, Heather and Gavin said...

Wow what a cute Blog I'm so glad I met both of you the ice cream social! You guys are great! And your Kids our so cute! I can't wait til Gavin is potty train. I think we still have awhile still?
If you want please free feel to look at our family blog
I would love to keep in touch with you guys!!

heatherfrost1206.blogspot.com

Becky said...

WTG Alex!! I wish the twins would want to be potty trained!! lol