This picture is my most favorite of Maddie. She looks so girly in it and her eyes look like they have a story to tell you from when she was in heaven. She's been with us for 15 days now and she's been so much fun. She's a pretty easy baby. She wakes up about once during the night for a feeding. I didn't have much luck with Alex when I tried nursing him but Maddie does really good. I love the bond we share when I take care of her. Josh is loving her too. It's funny seeing him hold her with him being this giant holding an itty bitty baby. But he's so gentle with her, it's like he's her big teddy bear. Alex does pretty good with her. He loves holding her and kissing her on the forehead. But he does have his moments when he gets jealous when I have to feed her or when I am holding her. We do try to include him with everything we do. We also have extended family who come to see him so that he's not feeling so bored and left out here at home with me. So he's adjusting good. Her cries are the cutest little sounds!! They're not like those screaming babies...she has such a soft squeaky cry. And when she sneezes, it sounds like a cough. A squeaky sneeze. Since I had a little bit of a hard pregnancy with her, I don't even think about that anymore just cuz she makes it feel like it was all worth it. She's so precious. I do feel the same way about Alex. I have to say I am so proud to be a mommy to these 2 kids that have chosen me and Josh to be their parents. We are the lucky ones.
Grape Salad
11 years ago
5 comments:
That's such a beautiful picture! I'm so glad it's been such a smooth adjustment to having her join the family. I'm finally about ready to come meet this little one of yours, now that I'm finally almost better from the bronchitis that I've had. Can't wait to see her!
She is beautiful. I'm glad to hear things are going so well for your little family. Give them all a kiss for me.
She is darling! I'm glad you are all doing well and I hope you are getting some sleep!
That is a cute little girl! Give her a hug for Patti & I.
Congrats Josh! It looks like you have a wonderful, cute family! Your kids are adorable! Hope all is well.
Post a Comment