Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Birth Day











I'm sure some of you wondered how my labor and delivery went. It did go well. And I love the experience of the whole thing. Maybe not during it, but after it's all over, I think about it and wish I could do it again. It's the best thing in the world. I was scheduled to be induced on May 15th. But it looked like our little Maddie had plans of her own. My water broke at 11:30 pm Friday night. It wasn't a big gush like some people experience. Just a squirt. I wasn't sure if I lost control of my bladder. So I waited. In 4 hours, I leaked about 6 or 7 times. I woke Josh up and we went straight to the hospital. While on the way, I started contracting every 5 minutes. It was painful. We got to the hospital and while changing, more of my water came right out and got on the floor. Josh thought that was pretty cool. Haha.. They admitted me and got me to my room. I was dilating to a 5 by the time they gave me an epidural. The contractions got too intense for me that the epidural was a huge relief for me once I got it. My labor slowed down quite a bit after I got on the meds and they finally got me on some Pitocin. It speeded things up and the next thing I knew, I had the strongest urge to push. It was hard not to push since they were hurrying setting things up. Finally, I started pushing and through 2 contractions, she was out. She came straight to my chest and she was the most beautiful thing in the world. I was in awe with this new little girl that came into our lives. She weighed 6 lbs 11 oz and 19 1/2 inches. I am home now, and we are enjoying every minute with her. Alex loves her and loves to hold her all the time. He is a bit confused with all the things going on, but he will be fine. I hear it takes time. He is a good boy anyways. We love our new little baby and we are truly blessed to have her in our lives. She is beautiful and precious in every way!

4 comments:

The Richards said...

Could that smile on Alex's face be any bigger? Looks like he is very proud to be a big brother.

Brad and Jenn said...

Alex is darling & don't worry, they catch on pretty quickly. Maddie is beautiful. We're so glad everything went well!

Patti & Dave Alexander said...

Ahhhh, thats is great news! I'm certainly excited for you guys. She looks sooooo cute!

Amber T. said...

Congratulations, those pictures are so cute! We hope that you're all doing well. Enjoy your new little one!