Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Good Morning Merry Sunshines!

These pictures were taken about a month ago and I thought I'd post them and share. These are when they woke up one morning. Sometimes Alex wakes up first. Sometimes Maddie. But this particular morning, Alex woke up and then Maddie. He wanted to go in and say good morning to her and so he did. He's in such an energetic mood in the mornings and it's hard for me since I am not a morning person. Maddie is such a cute and happy girl when I go in to get her. She is a wild sleeper! She moves all over the crib and I always find her on one end of the crib when I put her down on the other end. Alex too is quite a wild sleeper. If he sleeps in our bed, which is a king size mind you, he can take over it! Maybe they both got it from their mother...hmmm. Anyway, I also sing a song to them sometimes, if I'm in the mood, and my mom used to sing it to us when we were kids. Here are the words to the song:

"Good morning merry sunshine!
How did you wake so soon?
You scared away the little stars
And shined away the moon!"

My kids love that song and they always smile. And when they are in a good mood in the morning, it helps me!


3 comments:

Hollie said...

Those are soo cute! you have dang cute kids!!

Ann said...

I love the song! I've always been a grouchy morning person myself. However, when I have sweet little faces giving me hugs, I find my mood lightening and I start to be more joyful. With those cute little faces you have, that awesome song, I'm imagining you're having some mornings of joy! How sweet!

Ilez said...

That's so adorable! They have such cute smiles.