Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Quite a month!!

Hi everyone, lots have happened the last few days. I know it's been a month since I've updated my blog. We are preparing for our new baby to come into our family. Josh also (finally) got his cochlear implant activated. He is SO happy with it! They had to map it to the lowest setting for him because he has to start over. His brain has to get used to it again. They will remap it and make it louder for him again on Monday and again in 3 months. His implant isn't as big and bulky as the other one was. The other night, he was rough housing with Alex and they were all laughing and making funny noises with each other. In the middle of their playing, Josh told me that Alex's laugh is the best thing to hear again. So pretty cool for Josh to be able to hear the smallest things that we all take for granted. My baby is growing good inside me. She is getting bigger and I of course am getting uncomfortable. But I know her time to come is so soon!! Sunday night into Monday morning, I was suffering with this kidney stone I've had since January. I've been to the hospital for it but there wasn't anything anyone can do since I was pregnant. But if I ever developed a fever, or chills and if I can't get the pain under control, then I should go in. Well it happened Sunday night. It hurt for a few hours, then went away. Then at 11 pm, it came back with vengeance and I took a percocet. (It is okay to take while pregnant) It didn't even cut the pain. I took another one an hour later, still wouldn't help. I was so uncomfortable and in so much pain...I felt nauseous too. I called the hospital and they told me to come in. Josh and I went while Josh's mom stayed at our house while Alex slept. As soon as we got out of the car in the parking lot, I threw up. We went up to Labor and Delivery. They gave me Morphine and an anti-nausea medicine. They had to give me a catheder twice. It was awful. They found out that I was developing an infection in my kidney and in my bladder due to this stupid stone that won't come out. Also, they found that I was dilating to a 3 and 80% effaced. So they kept me overnight to watch me and make sure I wasn't getting any sicker and to monitor the baby. I did develop a low grade fever but they got that taken cared of with Tylenol. They watched me the next day, making sure everything was okay. I wasn't in any pain, or feeling nauseous and the baby was moving just fine. She even moved a lot while I took all those pain killers! Maybe she liked them, eh? I finally got sent home last night. I am perfectly fine today but I am just going to be drinking more water than I usually do. I will see my Ob/Gyn on Friday again for my normal checkup. I do wonder when I will have Maddie now that I'm dilating fast again and so early. But at least she seems to be just perfectly fine and active inside of me. I really don't know why I have kidney stones. I've been getting them for 5 1/2 years and believe me, they are a killer. I didn't have one while I was pregnant with Alex. But this one, I do. So hopefully, after she's born, they'll get it out. I've suffered with it long enough!

2 comments:

Brad and Jenn said...

Oh my goodness! If pregnancy wasn't uncomfortable enough already! I'm glad you are doing better now & I hope that you won't have any more trouble atleast until little Maddie gets here. You're one tough girl! Good luck! We're so excited for Josh & what great timing! Keep us posted with any updates!

Ann said...

You've really been through the wringer between being in the last stages of pregnancy and having the kidney stone and infections. I hope, for your sake, that she comes soon. Thanks also for sharing the little "cochlear moment" when Joshua shared the joy of hearing Alex's laugh. I'll look forward to your next update! :)