I have noticed that a lot of people have been posting these "25 things about me" from their Facebook to here. So since it's been a while since I've posted, I'll do this! I just hope Josh will do one of him. He's not the type to do these things!
1. I was born deaf. But my parents didn't know I was deaf til I was 5. I am not profoundly deaf and I can hear some without my hearing aids. I did talk some but had some words said the wrong way, and my parents just thought I had problems with speech. My sister is also deaf...
2. I was called "bosswoman" growing up. I was always bossing my siblings around and some neighborhood friends. It looks like my son is taking that trait from me. *sighs*
3. I have OCD. But not nearly as bad as it was when I was in 7th grade!! Public bathrooms are my worse enemies...
4. I would go through Labor and Delivery everyday if I could!!! Seriously would!!!
5. I loved my pregnancy with Alex. He was literally a breeze. My pregnancy with Maddie was a difficult one and didn't quite enjoy it much...but both of their births were easy!
6. I have never had a cavity!!!!
7. I've never broken a bone!! (knock on wood for #6 and #7)
8. I love to be crafty and creative. Scrapbooking, painting, drawing, embroidery and cross stitching.
9. I really want to go to Ireland and Scotland someday....
10. Both of my kids are hearing. Alex has been my "hearing dog" lately and it helps!
11. I had 6 months of piano lessons when I was 6 and then we moved and from then on, I taught myself. My grandmother taught me a few of her favorite songs when I was in 6th grade.
12. Josh and I both grew up in the School for the Deaf but in different grades. He was two grades higher. We never met until we went to SLCC in 2001. I do have a video of the Spring Program when I was in 5th grade and he in 7th grade. He was two steps behind me! Strange to know that seeing that video, he was to be my future husband!
13. I love to laugh. It is my favorite thing to do. Josh is really good at making me laugh, even the most stupidest things. My parents and my siblings make me laugh too!
14. I collect quotes. I have a notebook full of them and I've been collecting quotes since high school. I also use some of them for my own embroidery patterns.
15. I'm a horrible cook!!!! I always feel stupid around Josh cuz he's SO good at cooking. But I am getting better and Josh has been really good at giving me tips.
16. I love to sing...just only to myself or in front my kids and no one else. My mom said that I can sing in tune but I don't know how to do it from the pit of my stomach like I should and I sing nasally. Maybe I should pick up some singing lessons someday...we'll see.
17. Bread is my biggest weakness when it comes to food!!!!
18. I suffer from kidney stones once in a while. My first one was 2 months after getting married. I had one while preggers with Maddie and it was 1/2 inch big. Thus the reason why I didn't enjoy my pregnancy with her! (It wasn't her fault though) Doctors have no idea why I get them....they are awful!!!!
19. I can't live without chapstick. I am also always losing them everywhere around the house and once in a while, I find one in the most oddest place. Everytime I am looking for "something", Josh knows it is chapstick that I am looking for.
20. I can be the biggest tease! There are certain people that are easy targets to me and those of you who read this, you know who you are!!!!
21. I can be a chatterbox. Mostly around my family and Josh and some close friends. Alex too is a chatterbox. He got that trait from BOTH me and Josh. Oh! And Grandma Cori too! Love you Cori! :)
22. I never had morning sickness while pregnant with both of my kids. However, I did suffer extreme fatigue and I had no appetite for anything. Even my favorite foods. I had to force myself to eat cuz I was so hungry. I know, it's weird....
23. I sleep better when I am cold. I love having a lot of blankets all over me and I love being tucked in. I sometimes text Josh while I'm in bed and while he's out watching tv in the family room. I text him to tuck me in! Hee hee
24. I can't stand being alone when I am doing a project like drawing. I have to be out in the family room or some room where people usually are. I have to know what's going on and be part of it.
25. I come from a family who likes to have more than one nickname for the pets we grew up with. For the cats: they were Mommy's, Bo Bo, whitters, tatum, bubbies, bubbakins, The Snot, bubber wubbers, Handsome, Gus Gus and so many others. For our dog: Gooze, Abbers, Hers Is....You all may think we are weird but hey, they make our pets a big part of our family, more personable and it's fun!
Grape Salad
11 years ago
1 comment:
I totally have OCD too! My pregnancies were the same way, Corban was really easy and with Riley I was sick all the time. Both of their births were easy too (if you consider a birth easy ha). That's awesome you taught yourself to play the piano, I didn't know that you even played. I'm a horrible cook too so don't feel bad! It just gives you an excuse to go out to eat :)
Post a Comment