Thursday, March 20, 2008

Josh's surgery

So Josh had his surgery yesterday. In case you all don't know, he had his Research Cochlear Implant taken out and then had his own permanent implant put in. It went really well and Josh is doing well himself. The downside of this, he'll be deaf for a month. He can't have it turned on until he has healed for at least a month. He will be wearing just one hearing aid but that doesn't even cut to how well he could hear with his Cochlear Implant. It goes to show how well the Implants work for those who are profoundly deaf. I am glad he got this done now because when our baby comes in May, he'll be able to hear her come out into the world. So we are blessed in a way. I posted a video on here. I got this video from my oldest brother Trav. To tell you how we got the video, we were talking about going to the Mandrin the Saturday after Josh had his surgery. Josh wasn't too sure if he wanted to go out in public with his head showing so much and gross everyone out. Then Trav said "So he doesn't want to be like Massive Head Wound Harry?" Watch the video then you'll get it. Just thought I'd put in a little humor on here. Also, here's a picture of Josh's head. It isn't as drastic looking as the one in the video but pretty close!




4 comments:

Alexander Family said...

I still can't stop laughing. That is Hilarious. I actually like the shaved head look on you now Josh. You should keep it for a while. Plus you look extra tough with the scars.

PadreIsland said...

Great video. I have never seen that before. That was great! I have to agree that the shaved head looks great!

Dustin and Brynna said...

That is SOOO nasty!! I can't believe you put that picture up. Remember those of us who have weak stomachs? I almost barfed!! Not really, but guess what, I think that Josh is going to be deaf for longer than a month :) I like your blog!!

Kristal said...

Josh, it looks like your head has seen better days...I hope everything is going well...I'm stoked you guys have a blog now! GO Jazz Go!

---Christian---