I am sure some of you moms tell yourselves that when it comes to kids playing in toilets, "It would never happen to me". I've told that to myself since the day Alex was born. Toilets are nasty! We all know that! Well this past Tuesday night, I was proved wrong. I was home alone with my two kids. They were in the family room with me playing and out of my peripheral vision, I saw Alex walking out. I just thought he was going into his room. Something for 2 minutes caught my attention on the TV and during those 2 brief moments, I heard giggling and laughter coming from where I thought my two kids were in Alex's room. So I got up to check and I turned around the corner and to my horror!!!...both of my kids were standing up playing with the toilet!! They were splashing away and laughing so hard at each other. I know they were having a ball and having a cute brother and sister bonding moment, but that's just disgusting!! Maddie was completely soaked and kept putting her hand in the toilet water and then putting her hand in her mouth as if to taste it. I was mortified at that sight! Alex was just splashing away and laughing at every movement Maddie made. I hurried and grabbed them, got the tub ready and bathed and scrubbed them down from head to toe. Just when I got them in their jammies, I just thought that I should've taken a picture. It is funny to think of AFTER it happens, but just not DURING it!!
Now tell me ladies, has this happened to you?
Grape Salad
11 years ago
4 comments:
It is amazing what kids put in their mouth and yet stay so healthy! I've seen worst. Too bad about not getting a picture, it would of been fun to see.
Diane Larsen
Never inside the toilet, but Ella does like to swish kleenex around and around and then flush them. I start to worry when ever I hear consecutive flushes. :-)
I saw someone on TV today talking about a "toilet lock" to help them child proof their house! I wonder if that will be your next purchase! :)
This hasn't happened to me yet and I hope it doesn't happen! It's funny how kids seem to find a way to get into anything.
Post a Comment