Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What is it like to have twins??

Today, I babysat Josh's sister's baby, Camden. My nephew. He and Maddie are only 12 days apart; Maddie being the oldest. Fortunately, they were good babies today and I really got an idea of what it is like to have twins! I had to keep them both entertained and fed and down for naps. I was also dealing with a toddler, who wouldn't eat his lunch....pizza and I thought all kids love pizza! I swear, he is the most pickiest eater alive!! I had him up at the stool until he finished it and it took two hours. He would give me little excuses to avoid eating like "Mom, my fork dropped." "Mom, push my chair in." "Mom, I'm tired." "Mom, my chair is back under!" "Mom, fix my pizza." How is it that kids his age can come up with these mind games with adults? He's a funny boy...
Camden and Maddie are sure cute together as little cousins. I love having them sit up by each other and play with their surrounding toys. Occasionally, one of them would reach out and start grabbing, or pat each other and make the other cry. It's so funny cuz it's like they're siblings. 
See? Won't eat his pizza....and he's looking at me like he's so innocent...
Got Camden to smile!
Maddie too!

And Alex still on his stool slooowly eating his pizza!!

5 comments:

Ilez said...

Alex is so funny! Camden and Maddie look so much alike. That's crazy! They are all so adorable.

Hollie said...

Looks like a fun filled crazy day!!! Aren't you glad you didn't have twins now!! TOO CUTE though!!

Ann said...

Wow! I'm with you on that, what kid wouldn't love pizza? I'm jealous he gets to eat pizza and then doesn't care too!!

RSCE said...

Your little kids are adorable, funny how alike our boys are, my colby is such a picky eater, but what do ya do.

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

Oh my gosh! What cute babies!! :)